Don’t Be Judgmental, Watch and Learn
Traveling over the globe can be one of the best educational experiences you’ll ever have. Visiting foreign countries gives you the opportunity to see the world in ways you’ve never imagined.
We often see and hear about other countries. Some of what we hear may not sound very good. Assumptions and prejudices abound, but you should do your own research and make up your own mind.
Here are some tips on making the best of visiting foreign countries:
• Keep an open mind. Don’t arrive with preconceived notions about what the people are like and what their culture will mean to you. This is your perfect opportunity to watch and learn.
• It’s okay that your country does things differently. Arm yourself with knowledge about the country you are visiting.
• Respect how they do things. If the local culture means covering your head or arms, then do likewise when you are out and about.
• It is most important not to judge, criticize or put down the culture in the country you are visiting. A more open, positive attitude will lead you to enjoy yourself more.
Visiting foreign countries is the perfect way to begin your journey into the ways of the world. Experiencing new cultures and customs is one of the main reasons to travel to foreign lands. Make the most of it.
• Lastly, embrace the unfamiliarity. If all you wanted to see were pictures, you could have found those online.
Bring a smile along on your adventure and watch what happens. By avoiding being judgmental, you will have a more enjoyable and more rewarding experience.